TERMS & CONDITIONS
Article 1 - Definitions.
In these terms and conditions, the following definitions shall apply:
1. Entrepreneur: the natural or legal person who offers products and/or services to consumers at a distance;
2. Consumer: the natural person who is not acting in the exercise of profession or business and enters into a distance contract with the entrepreneur;
3. Distance contract: an agreement whereby, within the framework of a system organized by the entrepreneur for distance selling of products and/or services, up to and including the conclusion of the agreement, exclusive use is made of one or more techniques for distance communication;
4. Technique for distance communication: means that can be used for concluding an agreement, without the consumer and entrepreneur having come together in the same room at the same time;
5. Reflection period: the period within which the consumer can exercise his right of withdrawal; 6;
6. Right of withdrawal: the possibility for the consumer to waive the distance contract within the withdrawal period; 7;
7. Day: calendar day; 8;
8. Duration transaction: a distance contract relating to a series of products and/or services, the delivery and/or purchase obligation of which is spread over time; 9;
9. Durable data carrier: any means that enables the consumer or entrepreneur to store information addressed to him personally in a way that allows future consultation and unaltered reproduction of the stored information.
Article 2 - Identity of the entrepreneur
Salted Stories (Trade name of 27MYBRANDs B.V.)
5051 DV Goirle
E-mail address: email@example.com
Chamber of Commerce number: 58554661
VAT number: NL853086989B01
Article 3 - Applicability
1. These general conditions apply to every offer of the entrepreneur and to every distance contract concluded between entrepreneur and consumer.
2. Before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions will be made available to the consumer. If this is not reasonably possible, before the distance contract is concluded, it will be indicated that the general terms and conditions are available for inspection at the entrepreneur's premises and that they will be sent free of charge to the consumer as soon as possible upon request.
3. If the distance contract is concluded electronically, notwithstanding the preceding paragraph and before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions will be made available to the consumer electronically in such a way that it can be easily stored by the consumer on a durable data carrier. If this is not reasonably possible, before the distance contract is concluded, it will be indicated where the general terms and conditions can be inspected electronically and that, at the consumer's request, they will be sent electronically or otherwise free of charge.
4. In the event that specific product or service conditions apply in addition to these general conditions, the second and third paragraphs apply by analogy and in the event of conflicting general conditions the consumer can always invoke the applicable provision that is most favorable to him.
Article 4 - The offer
1. If an offer has a limited period of validity or is made subject to conditions, this shall be expressly stated in the offer.
2. The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the products and/or services on offer. The description is sufficiently detailed to enable a proper assessment of the offer by the consumer. If the entrepreneur uses images these are a true reflection of the products and / or services offered. Obvious mistakes or errors in the offer do not bind the entrepreneur.
3. Each offer contains such information that it is clear to the consumer what rights and obligations are attached to the acceptance of the offer. This includes in particular:
- The price including taxes;
- any costs of delivery;
- the way in which the agreement will be concluded and which actions are necessary for this;
- whether or not the right of withdrawal is applicable;
- the method of payment, delivery or performance of the agreement;
- the period for accepting the offer, or the period for adhering to the price;
- the amount of the rate of distance communication if the costs of using the technique for distance communication are calculated on a basis other than the basic rate;
- if the agreement is archived after its conclusion, in what way it can be consulted by the consumer;
- the manner in which the consumer before the conclusion of the agreement by him not wanted can become aware of, and the manner in which he can rectify these before the agreement is concluded;
- any languages other than Dutch in which the contract can be concluded;
- the codes of conduct to which the trader is subject and the way in which the consumer can consult these codes of conduct electronically; and
- the minimum duration of the distance contract in the event of a contract for continuous or periodic delivery of products or services.
Article 5 - The Agreement
1. The agreement is concluded, subject to the provisions of paragraph 4, at the moment of acceptance by the consumer of the offer and the fulfillment of the conditions thereby set.
2. If the consumer has accepted the offer electronically, the trader will immediately confirm receipt of acceptance of the offer electronically. As long as the receipt of this acceptance has not been confirmed, the consumer can dissolve the agreement.
3. If the agreement is concluded electronically, the entrepreneur will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the electronic transfer of data and ensure a secure web environment. If the consumer can pay electronically, the entrepreneur will observe appropriate security measures.
4. The entrepreneur may - within legal frameworks - inform himself whether the consumer can meet his payment obligations, as well as all those facts and factors that are important for a responsible conclusion of the distance contract. If, on the basis of this investigation, the entrepreneur has good grounds not to enter into the agreement, he is entitled to refuse an order or application or to attach special conditions to the implementation, while giving reasons.
5. The entrepreneur will include the following information with the product or service to the consumer, in writing or in such a way that it can be stored by the consumer in an accessible way on a durable data carrier:
a. the visiting address of the establishment of the entrepreneur where the consumer can go with complaints;
b. the conditions under which and the way in which the consumer can make use of the right of withdrawal, or a clear notification regarding the exclusion of the right of withdrawal;
c. the information on existing after-sales services and guarantees;
d. the data included in article 4 paragraph 3 of these terms and conditions, unless the entrepreneur has already provided the consumer with these data before the execution of the agreement;
e. the requirements for terminating the agreement if the agreement has a duration of more than one year or is of indefinite duration.
6. If the entrepreneur has undertaken to deliver a series of products or services, the provision in the previous paragraph applies only to the first delivery.
Article 6a - Right of withdrawal on delivery of products
1. When purchasing products, the consumer has the possibility of dissolving the agreement without giving reasons for a period of seven working days. This period starts the day after receipt of the product by or on behalf of the consumer.
2. During this period, the consumer will handle the product and packaging with care. He will only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary to assess whether he wishes to keep the product. If he exercises his right of withdrawal, he will return the product to the entrepreneur with all accessories supplied and - if reasonably possible - in its original condition and packaging, in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the entrepreneur.
Article 6b - Right of withdrawal upon delivery of services
1. When services are supplied, the consumer has the possibility of dissolving the contract, without giving reasons, during seven working days, starting on the day of entering into the agreement.
2. To make use of his right of withdrawal, the consumer will focus on the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the entrepreneur in the offer and / or no later than at the time of delivery.
Article 7 - Costs in case of withdrawal
1. If the consumer exercises his right of withdrawal, at most the costs of return shipment will be for his account.
2. If the consumer has paid an amount, the entrepreneur will refund this amount as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days after the return or withdrawal.
Article 8 - Exclusion of right of withdrawal
1. If the consumer does not have a right of withdrawal, this can only be excluded by the entrepreneur if the entrepreneur has clearly stated this in the offer, at least in time for the conclusion of the agreement.
2. Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for products:
a) that have been created by the entrepreneur in accordance with the consumer's specifications;
b) that are clearly personal in nature;
c) that cannot be returned due to their nature;
d) that spoil or age quickly;
e) which originate from the sale;
f) whose price is subject to fluctuations in the financial market over which the entrepreneur has no influence;
g) for single newspapers and magazines;
h) for audio and video recordings and computer software of which the consumer has broken the seal.
3. Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for services:
a) concerning accommodation, transportation, restaurant business or leisure activities to be performed on a certain date or during a certain period;
b) the delivery of which commenced with the express consent of the consumer before the withdrawal period has expired;
c) concerning betting and lotteries.
Article 9 - The Price
1. During the validity period stated in the offer, the prices of the products and/or services offered will not be increased, except for price changes due to changes in VAT rates.
2. Notwithstanding the previous paragraph, the entrepreneur may offer products or services whose prices are subject to fluctuations in the financial market and over which the entrepreneur has no influence, with variable prices. This link to fluctuations and the fact that any prices mentioned are target prices will be mentioned in the offer.
3. Price increases within 3 months after the conclusion of the contract are only allowed if they are the result of statutory regulations or provisions.
4. Price increases from 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only allowed if the entrepreneur has stipulated it and:
a) they are the result of legal regulations or stipulations; or
b) the consumer is authorized to terminate the contract on the day on which the price increase takes effect.
5. The prices mentioned in the offer of products or services include VAT.
Article 10 - Compliance and Warranty
1. The trader guarantees that the products and/or services comply with the contract, the specifications stated in the offer, the reasonable requirements of soundness and/or usability and the existing statutory provisions and/or government regulations on the date the contract was concluded.
2. An arrangement offered as a guarantee by the trader, manufacturer or importer does not affect the rights and claims that the consumer may assert against the trader in respect of a shortcoming in the performance of the trader's obligations under the law and/or the distance contract.
Article 11 - Delivery and execution
1. The entrepreneur will take the greatest possible care when receiving and executing orders for products and when assessing requests for the provision of services.
2. The place of delivery is the address that the consumer has made known to the company.
3. Subject to what is stated in article 4 of these general terms and conditions, the company will execute accepted orders expeditiously but at the latest within 30 days unless a longer delivery period has been agreed. If delivery is delayed, or if an order cannot or can only be partially carried out, the consumer will be informed about this at the latest one month after the order was placed. The consumer in that case has the right to dissolve the agreement without cost and the right to possible compensation.
4. In case of dissolution in accordance with the previous paragraph, the entrepreneur will refund the amount paid by the consumer as soon as possible, but at the latest within 30 days after dissolution.
5. If delivery of an ordered product turns out to be impossible, the entrepreneur will make an effort to provide a replacement article. At the latest upon delivery, it will be clearly and comprehensibly stated that a replacement article is being delivered. With replacement articles, the right of withdrawal cannot be excluded. The costs of return shipment shall be borne by the entrepreneur.
6. The risk of damage and/or loss of products rests with the entrepreneur until the moment of delivery to the consumer, unless explicitly agreed otherwise.
Article 12 - Duration transactions
1. The consumer may terminate a contract entered into for an indefinite period of time at any time subject to agreed termination rules and a notice period not exceeding one month.
2. An agreement entered into for a definite period has a maximum term of two years. If it has been agreed that in the event of the consumer's silence, the distance contract will be renewed, the contract will be continued as a contract for an indefinite period of time and the notice period after continuation of the contract will be at most one month.
Article 13 - Payment
1. As far as no later date has been agreed upon, the amounts owed by the consumer should be paid within fourteen days after delivery of the goods or, in case of an agreement to provide a service, within 14 days after delivery of the documents relating to this agreement.
2. When selling products to consumers, general terms and conditions may never stipulate an advance payment of more than 50%. Where advance payment is stipulated, the consumer may not assert any rights regarding the execution of the order or service(s) in question before the stipulated advance payment has been made.
3. The consumer has the duty to immediately report inaccuracies in payment data provided or mentioned to the entrepreneur.
4. In case of non-payment by the consumer, the entrepreneur has, subject to legal restrictions, the right to charge the reasonable costs made known in advance to the consumer.
Article 14 - Complaints procedure
1. The entrepreneur has a sufficiently publicized complaints procedure and handles complaints in accordance with this complaints procedure.
2. Complaints about the implementation of the agreement must be submitted to the entrepreneur within a reasonable time, fully and clearly described, after the consumer has found the defects.
3. Complaints submitted to the entrepreneur will be answered within a period of 14 days from the date of receipt. If a complaint requires a foreseeably longer processing time, the entrepreneur will respond within the 14-day period with a notice of receipt and an indication of when the consumer can expect a more detailed answer.
Article 15 - Additional or different provisions
Additional or different provisions of these general conditions may not be to the detriment of the consumer and should be recorded in writing or in such a way that the consumer in an accessible way to be stored on a durable medium.